If you have substance abuse problems then what do you need to look for in order to find the best possible treatment facility? There is no such thing as a one size fits all program or facility, and if you want a permanent recovery and long term results then you will have a better chance of achieving this with the following components:
- Individual counseling sessions- One on one counseling can be costly, but this is the only way that you can uncover the hidden reasons for your specific substance abuse and eliminate these issues.
- Physical fitness programs- Physical fitness can help you recover faster and will speed up the detox process. Once you are sober this activity can help you feel better and minimize any cravings for alcohol or drugs.
- Detox- Detox can be critical. You can not start to recover until you are clean and free of substances in your body.
- Nutritional counseling- Proper eating can help you recover physically, and start to reverse the damage that you have done with the substance abuse. Healthy eating also gives you more energy and keeps you mentally and physically healthy.
- Group therapy- This type of therapy does have benefits and should be included in any substance abuse treatment program. It is often less expensive than many other methods but it is not very effective without other methods added in.
- Anger management- Anger can be a key emotion that frequently leads to a relapse. Learning to control your anger can help you stay on the straight and narrow.
- Stress relief techniques and tips- Learning how to relieve stress before you turn to drugs or alcohol can be very helpful and prevent future relapses.