A healthy lifestyle is promoted in our Residential Addiction Rehab Treatment
When it comes to offering recovery from alcohol abuse, drug abuse, sex addiction and mental health issues, regulating the body is a value tool.
A very important factor in recovery is achieving good physical health, including a daily exercise program and healthy eating. Part of Valiant Recovery’s program is having our clients exercise at a local gym, learn about nutrition, and care for their bodies. Adequate rest, sound nutrition, and an exercise program can greatly aid in your recovery process and help with stress management.
Healthy meals are prepared for our clients each day, which are both nutritious and exciting to the palate. We don’t believe that you need to sacrifice taste for health. Our menu offers a wide variety of foods and flavors. At Valiant Recovery we have, preparing our balanced menu. We also bring in different staff to offer variety of cooking styles in our dining room.
We also provide recreational therapy, such aS golfing, nature walks, skiing, volleyball, and mountain biking, kayaking. Along with having a healthy lifestyle.
At Valiant recovery we believe that a healthy lifestyle and recovery go hand in hand. A healthy lifestyle can make a significant contribution in preventing relapse. The reverse is also true… that unhealthy lifestyle patterns can have a large part to play in relapse. At Valiant Recovery we teach and promote building strong nutritional foundations, which promote a lasting recovery. Alcohol and sugar have similar chemical properties. People entering recovery have a strong tendency to overindulge in candies, pastries and other sweets. This can trigger severe spikes and subsequent crashes in blood sugar level, which can intensify the mood swings and irritability commonly experienced in early sobriety.
Regular exercise is especially helpful in grounding clients in their sobriety, as it facilitates the body’s production of endorphins, the chemical messengers that trigger the pleasure centers in the brain, producing a natural drug-free high.
Exercise also provides an effective vehicle for releasing day-to-day stress, and we feel it is a safeguard against relapse.
Valiant Recovery’s exercise program consists of at least 3 days at the gym or pool, as well as a full day of recreation. Recreation is a natural stress release, and therapeutic, for the body as well as the mind.
Our opinion about Nicotine
Many recovery treatment facilities would rather not attempt to deal with nicotine addictions. They feel that while in treatment the client is already dealing with enough and to remove their cigarettes would just be added stress. Just like any other addiction, nicotine is a form of escape, but it also carries a very highly addictive substance. While we do not force this, we suggest that our clients while going through recovery, would also say goodbye to nicotine addiction. This is something that can be eased off slowly with use of different aids. We will support you and help you through this difficult process.
Our main motivation about smoking is that while we are trying to help you, how can we sit back and allow a nicotine addiction to kill you?
- Among substance addictions, smoking kills the most users, and has the highest mortality rates.
- Half of all long-term smokers will die a tobacco-related death.
- Every eight seconds, a human life is lost to tobacco use somewhere in the world. That translates to approximately 5 million deaths annually.
- Tobacco use is expected to claim one billion lives this century unless serious anti-smoking efforts are made on a global level.
- While they may look like white cotton, cigarette filters are made of very thin fibers of a plastic called cellulose acetate. A cigarette filter can take between 18 months and 10 years to decompose
- There is enough nicotine in four or five cigarettes to kill an average adult if ingested whole. Most smokers take in only one or two milligrams of nicotine per cigarette however, with the remainder being burned off.Tobacco offers us a life of slavery, a host of chronic, debilitating illnesses and ultimately death. And think about it: We pay big bucks for those “benefits.”
If you or a Loved one is suffering from addictions, alcohol abuse, drug abuse, sex addiction and/or mental health issues and you need our help, please call us (877) 958-8247
Testimonials of Valiant Recovery Addiction Recovery and mental Health Program
A Description of the Valiant Recovery Residential Inpatient Treatment Program
Ask a Recovery Worker for Help using Valiant Recovery Contact Us Page
Learn How to Apply to the Valiant Recovery Residential Rehab Treatment Program